If you care about your home exterior and the longevity of it, choosing the right paint for your home is a big decision. Trying to decide if ceramic paint is the best choice for you? It’s important to know how it lasts vs traditional house paint. Learn the pros and cons of ceramic coatings for your home versus traditional paint on factors like cost, advantages and durability.
How a Ceramic Coating Works on Your Nashville Home
Ceramic paints have been available for many years. Ceramics offer greater thickness, durability, UV protection from the sun’s harsh rays, rain, wind, hail and snow protection, and far superior insulation than traditional exterior paint.
Rhino Shield of Nashville utilizes ceramic microspheres, extremely small particles that are distributed evenly throughout the coating. This builds a smoother, stronger continuous paint.
Ceramic House Paint:
- resists cracking that occurs on many home exteriors
- resists staining
- when combined with Rhino Shield’s other incredible properties, help create a better bond to the substrate
The Pros and Cons of Ceramic House Paint in Nashville
Here are some of the outstanding properties and benefits of using a ceramic coating as a permanent exterior paint for your home:
- Longevity – Adding ceramics to paint is all about adding longevity. With Rhino Shield, it comes with a 25-year transferable warranty from chipping, peeling, or flaking.
- Class A fire and smoke rating – Great exterior safety rating.
- Mold and mildew resistance – Seals and protects.
- Flexibility – It expands and contracts with changing temperatures, which helps to eliminate cracking.
- Breathablility – It keeps water particles out but allows water vapor to escape from the interior, reducing the chances of mold and mildew occurring.
While ceramic paint is going to be more expensive than traditional house paint, especially in the paint world, you get what you pay for. The only way to break the exterior paint cycle of 3-5 years on your home is to invest in something better - Ceramics offer a great alternative. Keep in mind that you want to be sure of the color choice you pick. The goal is to stop painting your house exterior and this will help you do just that!
Ceramic House Paint Choices
While there are a few ceramic paint choices out there, Rhino Shield of Nashville is the perfect exterior paint coating solution for your home.
For over twenty years, including over 50,000 successful installations worldwide, Rhino Shield has lead the development and installation of long-lasting ceramic elastomeric wall coating technology. Far more durable than traditional paint, Rhino Shield keeps your home looking beautiful and protected for many, many years to come. It may be applied to virtually any home’s exterior–wood, stucco, brick, block, vinyl siding, aluminum and more. Rhino Shield looks like paint but is engineered to last much longer.
There is an incredible, 25 year transferable product warranty against cracking, chipping, and peeling. All things considered, you can begin to see why Rhino Shield of Nashville is the best exterior paint on the market for your Nashville home!
Investing in your home exterior with Rhino Shield includes the incredible Rhino Shield installation process.
Ready to request an estimate? Fill out our online form or give us a call today!